On Longing Assignment


"The Body is the primary mode of perceiving scale."
This photo was taken at the top of Bell Mountain in North Georgia.When you are so high up in the mountains it really makes you understand how small we all are in this world. All the buildings in the photo look like white dots compared to the lake and mountains, it really makes me realize how vast nature is.

"Capacity of objects to serve as traces of authentic experience."
In this picture the towels my best friend, Erin, and I are holding are very special to us. She got them for us to have for when she came to visit me in Spain, and since then we always use them when we are together. The towels serve as traces of authentic experience because we have taken them to many adventures, the first one being our time in Spain.   


"The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental, and the three dimensional into the miniature, that which can be enveloped by the body."
In this picture as well as many other ones, you can see the bracelets I always wear. They were given to me from Erin and she has the same ones too. We never take them off from our bodies which remind us the strong friendship we have no matter how different our lives are now. 


"Nostalgia cannot be sustained without loss."
This photo was taken on the last day of high school with all my best friends. High school was so special to me because it is where I met such an amazing group of girls. We now all go different colleges in different states, but still have maintained the friendship. Whenever I look at this picture it makes me miss the time when I would get to see them everyday.   

"The place of origin must remain unavailable in order for desire to be generated."
This photo was taken in Nerja, Spain, which is where I go ever summer to see my family that lives in Europe. I am super close to my cousins and only get to see them when I am in Spain. I associate Nerja being the location for family. Whenever I am in the U.S. I miss them very much and makes me desire beach days with my family in Nerja. 

Comments